Low-carb can sometimes feel blah, so we took a deliciously carb-loaded meal and adapted it to our current lifestyle to switch things up. This low-carb chicken parmesan is crunchy, cheesy, and gluten-free.
If you’re curious about what looks like pasta, we took this spaghetti squash recipe and served it with roasted tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and garlic. Yum.
What is the secret to this low-carb chicken parmesan recipe?
The secret is making sure the chicken is not overcooked and well coated.
Should I add tomato sauce?
You can add tomato sauce before layering the mozzarella cheese. Tomato adds incredible flavor and taste.
How long can you store this in the refrigerator?
According to the USDA, leftovers can be stored safely for 3-4 days. However, keep in mind that chicken and dairy should be stored and consumed promptly.
Can I replace the pork rinds?
Yes, you can opt out of the pork rinds. Pork rinds are ideal for the crunch. However, the parmesan cheese and spice combo are delicious and work well.
What we used to make this recipe
Low-Carb Parmesan Chicken
- 1 Air Fryer Convection Oven
- 1 Baking Pan
- 1 Tongs
- 1 Mug
- 2 Whole Breasts
- 1 cup Plain Pork Rinds
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Slices Mozarella Cheese
- Step 1Crush the pork rinds and mix with the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and oregano. Place on a baking pan.
- Step 2Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Coat both sides of the chicken with the parmesan mix and place on a baking dish.
- Step 3Place the baking dish in the oven and bake at 375 for 7 minutes on one side and flip and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Step 4Remove from the oven and place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of chicken. Return to the oven and broil for 8 minutes.
2 responses to “Low-Carb Chicken Parmesan”
This is so delicious. I am gluten intolerant, and I have such a difficult time making delicious recipes.