This creamy tuna pasta salad recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will be a hit at your next BBQ or potluck. Not only is it a crowd-pleaser, but it’s also packed with flavor.
When it comes to pasta salads, there are endless possibilities when it comes to ingredients, but the creamy tuna pasta salad is a classic. Combining tuna and mayonnaise creates a creamy and delicious dressing that pairs perfectly with the pasta. The fresh cilantro adds a burst of flavor and a pop of color.
One of the best things about this pasta salad is that it’s a great dish to make ahead of time and is perfect for picnics, potlucks, or as a side dish for your summer BBQs. This means you can make it the night before, so you don’t have to worry about it on the day of your event.
Table of Contents
Top Tips for Making the Perfect Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad:
Use high-quality ingredients: The key to making a delicious pasta salad is to use high-quality ingredients. Make sure you use good-quality tuna and mayonnaise. Check out this creamy homemade mayo recipe.
Add your favorite veggies: You can also add your favorite veggies to this pasta salad, like celery, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes, which would make it more nutritious. By adding vegetables to the salad, you are increasing the nutritional value while also adding more texture and flavor.
Don’t overcook the pasta: Make sure you don’t overcook the pasta, as it will turn mushy and won’t hold up well in the salad. Cook the pasta just until it’s al dente.
Add the dressing while the pasta is still warm: This will help it absorb more of the dressing, making it even more flavorful.
Refrigerate before serving: Cover and refrigerate the pasta salad for 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together. This will make the pasta salad even more delicious.
Can I use fresh tuna instead of canned tuna?
Yes, you can use fresh tuna instead of canned tuna. However, make sure that you cook it thoroughly before adding it to the pasta salad.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any pasta that you like. Some popular options include penne, fusilli, and rotini.
Can I make this pasta salad in advance?
Yes, you can make this pasta salad in advance. Just make sure to cover it and refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve it.
Can I add other ingredients to the pasta salad?
Yes, you can add other ingredients to the pasta salad. Some popular options include olives, artichokes, and roasted red peppers.
Can I substitute the mayonnaise for something else?
You can make this a tuna pasta salad without mayonnaise by substituting the mayo for something else. Some popular options include Greek yogurt, avocado, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 lbs Wide Egg Noodle
- 1½ cup Mayonnaise
- 3 cans Tuna
- ½ whole Onion
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Whole Carrot
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Step 1Fill the large pot with filtered water and add salt, so the water is salty. Salty water will ensure the pasta will absorb a bit of flavor.
- Step 2While you wait for the water to boil, let's prepare the remaining ingredients. Finely dice half the onion.Clean and finely shred the carrot.
- Step 3Now that the water has come to a boil add the pasta and egg.Cook the pasta to an al dente consistency. Drain the pasta and cooked egg. Add a few ice cubes to the pasta to stop the cooking process. Allow the pasta to cool. Peel the egg and chop. Chop the cilantro.
- Step 4In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, shredded carrots, finely chopped onions, egg, lemon juice, and mayo. Break down the tuna with a fork and mix with mayo in a separate bowl. Then add the tuna to the bowl and mix well.Then add the chopped cilantro, salt, and black pepper to taste and mix well.
- Step 5Cover the mixing bowl and place in the fridge for an hour, and serve!