These cauliflower crust pepperoni pizza thins are made with Trader Joe’s Cauliflower thins with only four ingredients: low-carb cauliflower thins, grated cheese, sauce, and pepperoni – simple and low-carb.
Table of Contents
What Are Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Thins?
There are multiple brands of cauliflower slims available. My favorite are these Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Thins.
These are made using shredded cauliflower, grated parmesan cheese from pasteurized skim milk, eggs, and seasoning. They contain moderate protein and can be a quick, easy gluten-free bread substitute.
What Can You Do With Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Thins?
Cauliflower thins are so versatile! They’re perfect on their own but also excellent with a morning egg sandwich with cauliflower sandwich thins.
I love making quick scrambled eggs, topping them with cheese, and I can add bacon or only cheese.
I also love making sandwiches with cauliflower thins for lunch or dinner and turning them into a lunch sandwich, like a pita sandwich with gyro meat, tzatziki, and fresh tomatoes.
Start with the cauliflower thins, tomato paste, cheese, pepperoni, or your favorite cut.
Cauliflower Thins – Instead, use these Trader Joe’s cauliflower pizza crusts made with cauliflower, which are also low-carb and delicious. These are slightly larger and have Italian seasonings like oregano.
Tomato Paste – If you prefer or only have tomato sauce in the pantry, that works!
Cheese – A melty cheese is perfect like mozzarella cheese, or a melty cheese like cheddar cheese or Monterrey jack.
Pepperoni Slices – Swap it with a different cut; add salami or your favorite cold cut instead of pepperoni.
My favorite restaurant makes a spicy and sweet pepperoni pizza. If you’re ok with honey, add a pinch once it’s out of the oven, and sprinkle on some red pepper flakes.
Simple Instructions For A Delicious Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza
Two of my favorite ways to crisp them include using a small convection oven or a hot skillet.
Step One: Preheat The Convection Oven
Add the low carb thins to the convection oven and heat them for 5-7 minutes for a quick crisp. Remove, and set aside.
Step Two: Layer On The Ingredients
Then, layer on the sauce, shredded cheese, and pepperoni slices. If you love oregano, add a pinch of the spice before adding the cheese and pepperoni.
Step Three: Golden, Cheesy Thins
Then return the pizza thins to the convection oven and set to melt, or broil, for a beautiful melty, golden cheesy finish.
The Perfect Equipment For This Recipe
I love how easy it is to make these in an all-in-one air fryer convection oven.
You can also use a skillet to make these pizza cauliflower thins. If you use a skillet, set it on low to medium heat closer to low heat to get a crispy thin without burning.
Where To Buy Cauliflower Thins?
Cauliflower thins are found in the refrigerated section of Trader Joe’s, and I have found them stored in different sections depending on the TJs.
Low-Carb and Keto-Friendly Recipe
These recipes are also delicious and perfect on a low-carb and keto diet. I love eating low-carb and will once in a while indulge in carbs. There are times when flavors and recipes can become repetitive, and I love to experiment. Here are some of my favorite low carb recipes.
This air fryer boneless skinless chicken thigh recipe is flavorful, low-carb, and keto-friendly. If you love salmon as much as I do, you might love this sazón spiced miso butter salmon recipe with a burst of sweet cherry tomatoes. Lastly, this Chipotle Pollo Asado copycat recipe has three layers of flavor! Yum! Serve with cauliflower rice.
Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Thins 4-Ingredient Pizza
- 1 Convection Toaster Oven
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Cheese grater
- 1 Small Spoon
- 1/2 cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste organic
- 12 pieces Pepperoni No Added Nitrates
- 4 pieces Cauliflower thins 1 package
- Step OnePreheat oven to 325 degrees.Once the oven has been preheated, add the low carb thins to the convection oven and heat them for 5-7 minutes for a quick crisp. Remove, and set aside.
- Step TwoGrate the mozzarella cheese, or measure the shredded cheese.Add a thin layer of tomato paste on the previously baked cauliflower thin, and spread it with the back of a small spoon. Optional, but add a small pinch of dried oregano.Sprinkle on the cheese, and top it off with 3-4 pepperoni slices.
- Step Three: Golden BrownThen return the pizza thins to the convection oven and set it to melt or broil for 1-2 minutes. Rotate halfway through for an evenly beautiful, melty, golden, cheesy finish. Serve as a midday snack or dinner! Packs of cauliflower thins usually include 4 thins, enough for two servings.